The Vision | History | About the Beveridge | The Restoration Process | Meet the General Manager

The Restoration Process



The Beveridge Building was designed by W.T. Williams and constructed in 1908 for the John C. Beveridge family to house their successful furniture company. This thriving business reflected the prosperity and optimism of a young and growing Medicine Hat.

In 1984, the Beveridge Furniture Company closed its doors and, while the allure of the building remained, changes in Building Codes and Standards since it was constructed presented seemingly insurmountable hurdles, resulting in temporary occupations over decades.